
Hi to all my dear friends and family,
It has been at least a month since I have updated my condition and sorry I have neglected to inform you of what's been happening. I want to thank so many of you who have sent cards of well wishes and I really appreciate all you concern and prayers. The Tarceva med has been making my skin a bit dry and I have to stay out of the sun a bit. I have already had three radiation treatments on my left femoral bone. I go each morning by 9 am and it is very quick to get radiation. I don't seem to be having any side affect so far with it, but I think my Tarceva is making me not hungry so I feel really bad when I just put a little bit of food on my plate when the kids work so hard to make what they hope I feel like eating. They all left a while ago after fixing all the fancy meals. Robbi and her baby back ribs and both son & laws went out to barbeque some steaks. Juli fixed the kids mashed potatoes, they love mashed potatoes, and Ron did his creative asparagus with chicken with curry and mushroom sauce. The food was all so delicious and I ate as much as I can.
I have been trying to keep active by meeting with people. Even had a high school reunion with 19 of us who attended high school from 1948 to 1953. That was such a fun time to chat for about 3 1/2 hours at a buffet in Torrance. We have all grown old very gracefully.
This past week end we also had a little game of tripoli at one of our friends home where 4 of us couples play on a regular basis and each time we have to have a dry run sometime since we forget how the game goes. what joy is that.
I will have a blood test on march 28th and at ct scan on the 31st to see how it turns out so my Dr. oncologist can see if the med is working. I do hope there will be some change for the better.
Sorry this blog is so long, I will try to keep up with all of you on a more regular basis. thanks for listening. My prayer request is that I feel like eating more. I can't afford to lose any more weight. will log in with all of you soon, lv ya dottie

3 comments:
I will be praying your appetite will increase and as well as your strength. Its so wonderful you are still keeping so active...... i love you... pam
Dottie dottie dottie,
Eating is what we DO ! Its the very reason we golf ... to eat afterwards ... I will lift you up with my womens group tonight for that special appetite.
Deb and I are doing well ... very busy with work and me with the admin part for tax time! We are seeing the light at the end of the work tunnel ... until the next job which is around the corner.
Glad to read how you are doing ... and happy to see you are still getting out and about.
xxoo
love you
C & Deb
Hi Dottie,
You might want to supplement your meals with drinking ensure or those high calorie supplement drinks to help keep your weight on. I gave that to Michael when he couldn't eat much and it really helped to keep his weight up. The chocolate and strawberry are delicious and drink it cold with ice! It's like a milkshake and has all the vitamins!
I love you,
Sandy
Post a Comment