Saturday, April 5, 2008

more challenges for my update

Good Evening to my dear friends,

Yesterday, April 4th after my appointment with my oncologist Dr. Andreea Nanci. I ended up having such a busy day. My appointment from Thurs. was postponed to Friday since they didn't have the zometa for me for my IV to strengthen my bone. Dr. Nanci, talked to us for 45 min and said that the Tarceva did not do anything for me and my ct scan showed that my cancer has grown since starting the Tarceva. That was very disappointing for don and I but, we know the knowledge that our Dr. has and she reassured us that with me starting Chemo with Cisplatin, and docetaxel to start as soon as possible.
After my zometa at the office, she made a call to the radiology at Hoag Hospital to also have my Fluid drained from my lungs, as she saw that my lungs were filled with fluid. I went have the procedure done since I have been really coughing lately and was hard for me to lay down to sleep. I was sitting up right for a few night. After removal of the fluid, my coughing is better and unfortunatley since I had so much fluid I have to go back in on Wed. to continue removing my fluid. It got very painful and uncomfortable for me to have that procedure at one time. So the Dr. in radiology felt that I should be back next week to complete draining. It has been so much easier to breath without all that fluid. They drained 1900 cc which is really alot.
Please still continue to pray for my chemo which I will probably start very soon. I will let you know.
I am getting a little apprehensive about the treatments, but God, I know gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. God will strengten me and help me, and uphold me. So with God's love and his presence will give me peace.
My family are right behind me and they go to my appointments whenever they can and are here for me every week ends. and ready to prepare meals whenever they are here.

I am so blessed to have such a supportive family. Even Brittany tries to make it to visit each week end from UCLA. Our grandson Jeff if really studying so hard following his dads footsteps as a dentist and doing very well. He calls me often for my update.

Thanks to all of you. good nite, dottie

3 comments:

pam ozawa said...

Hi Sunshine..... Thank you for sharing your thoughts and details on your news..... It is quite upsetting for you and all of us who love you that the treatment didn't help as we prayed it would. I will be praying for you as you rely on God's strength as you face new treatment and also pray that you will continue to rely on God's faithfulness to us as we believe in his promise that He will never leave us. It is so wonderful you are blessed with such a loving and helpful family, they are just a reflection of what loving parents you and Don have been and continue to be. I will be praying for you that chemo will be effective and the side effects will be minimal. I love you.... pam

Anonymous said...

Hi Dottie,
The journey of faith always feels like two steps forward, one step back. The disappointment is always hard since we have high hopes. I wish you didn't have to go through chemo, but I am praying that it will be effective and you'll get through it okay. The Lord knows whats ahead and will be with you every step of the way. He will carry you. I remember the footprints poem and see in the sand that the Lord does carry us through the trials and hardships we face.
I love you dearly.
Sandy

mystere's moonbat slayer club said...

Hello Dottie!

I hope you're doing better today, as I write to you. I've been trying to find your site, and I finally figured it out. I remembered hearing about it at church, but forgotten the name. Then I took a guess while I was on my own blog site that I just recently started. I'm glad I guessed it correctly. Amazing how God takes care of all of us, isn't it? Well, I've signed in with my blogger account, so you'll see my blogspot name in blue. Take care now, and I'll add a link to your site on my blog site, so that anyone who stops by my site can link up to you quickly. I hope that the treaments don't have a negative effect on you. Take care now!

Ed Endo
Your head moonbat slayer!