Hello everyone,
I am now going to be facing a new challenge now that I am going to start chemo on April 14th. Just to get prepared for this treatment is quite overwhelming. I have been at Hoag Hospital everyday of the week with an ultrasound on my thyroid, an echocardiogram, and more fluid drained out of my lungs. On Tues. the Nurse at my Drs. office explained the procedure and process of what I will be having and going through with chemo, so with all the support from the kids, I feel confident that they heard everything. June with her recorder, Ron with his notebook and questions, Robbi with her young mind and Dad just listening what he can grasp. Me I just do what the kids heard. So after the teaching I was to get a port a cath, which will make it easier to have my chemo with this thing in my chest so I will not have to get poked each time in my vein when I am treated.
On Friday, I was able to go to my growth group and it was good since they all prayed for my surgery for the cath, and it went really well on Friday afternoon. My surgery was at 2 and by 4 pm I was able to come home. Ron had a 1/2 sandwich for me with a snapple and it was really good. I devoured it and even had Don stop and pick up a bag of chips to go with it.
So my dear friends, my family is hear for me each week end and Juli cooks for us on most evening during the week. As long as I am up to feeling ok I try to get to church and I praise God that Don has been attending with me. I get to the bowling when I can and enjoy seeing my golfing friends also. Please continue to pray that the reaction from the Chemo will not be too harsh. That will be a bummer. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. lv ya dottie
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I hope the chemo is successful, and that you don't go through the side effects of chemotherapy. In case you are wondering about the time you are getting this message, I happened to be awake, and I was trying to create a link to your blog on my own blogsite...it worked well! If you're curious about the site, just link up with this address: http://mysteresmoonbatslayerclub.blogspot.com
I'm always open to suggestions such as what scripture to post, words of wisdom, political news, and anything else you can think of. I hope I see you at church!
Ed Endo
"The head moonbat slayer"
mystere's moonbat slayer club
slaying lunacy with wackiness and truth too! Har Har!
Hi Dottie
You have been on my mind quite often. I know you received your second treatment today and I pray the side affects will be minimal. I got to golf yesterday with Margaret, Jimmy, Don and Tak, and we all miss you and Don. I'm going to pray you will be healed and back to doing what you love to do most..... miss you, thinking and praying for you...... i love you pam
Hello Dottie!
I'm so inspired by your insight and courage - thanks for sharing these moments.
I've just got to say, you're so well loved. Brittany thinks the world of you... she invited me to visit your site.
Prayers from up north! Take good care.
Blessings,
Tina Jung
Dottie,
You are an inspiration and continue to be a blessing to others even on this difficult journey. None of us know what tomorrow holds but I know that God is hemming you in and has His hand on you. He knows your anxious thoughts, Dottie, and has you wrapped in His everlasting arms and is embracing you with His love. I am so glad that He is your source of strength and that your hope is in God.
Our Bible Study (Jeanene and I) friends are praying for you and your dear family. We love your family and really care about all of you!
Phil 3:13-14, 20-21
Love,
Sonya
Post a Comment