Thought I would connect with you while I am feeling quite wonderful before going in for chemo tomorrow the 5th of Sept. I would like to share with all of you how normal I have been feeling with enough energy to attend church, twice in August. How nice it was to see the church family after about 6 months of absence. Felt very emotional seeing so many smiling faces, and especially the prayers for my healing. God is always here with me, I can feel his presence and Gods strength to pull me through.
As for my social time, the last couple of weeks I have been eating better so I have been enjoying lunch or dinner out with friends to put on more weight before tomorrow. I still eat funny stuff so I order very strange things from the menu like side of coleslaw and mashed potato and I love it. the other day I had fried oyster for appetizer and that was it and it was good. Usually I am happy just with appetizer size meals and it fills me up. But it has been fun the last couple of weeks to have my white blood cells high enough to go out.
So folks I really had a great Labor day with the whole family together to enjoy labor day from 11:30 in the morning with swimming, hot dogs, hamburgers and all the trimmings and since Robbi made some lettuce wrap with ground pork we enjoyed eating all day and Some of them enjoyed the UCLA game and I will get Brittany's help in showing you some of the fun pictures we took with activities going on throughout our house. Will let you know my progress soon when I feel well after the chemo. Much love and thanks to all for your love, cards and prayers. til later much love dottie and family.




3 comments:
Hi Dottie!
(Or Konnichiwa!)
So happy to hear that you're off chemo for awhile and able to enjoy your "meals" (fried oysters?) and especially that you were able to attend church!
How marvelous is our God!
I also heard that you and Don attended my Uncle Skee's 80th birthday party - thank you so much for helping make it the best day of his life! I wish that Emily & I could have been there too! It sounds like it was a great party!
(I'm just trying to keep the little bamboo party favor thing alive - I think Steve overwatered it and it's getting yellow . . .)
My daughter Emily & I had a great time in Japan with Debbie & Candace Chiya. Lots of fun shopping, going out to eat, and lots of walking! It was pretty hot and humid during the first week, but then some rainstorms moved in and it cooled down a bit. (Then the mosquitoes came out - ugh.) Now everyone is back to school and we're trying to get back into some kind of routine.
Take care now - keep eating and getting stronger!
love,
Pam Ikeda
Dottie,
Really happy to see you write "how wonderful you feel". What a total blessing...And going to church 2 times?? I can imagine how great that was for you..... Wishing you comfort for your last chemo and hope to read the same thing next time you write in your blog........
Thinking about you always,.,.
Ruth
I'm baaaaaack replying! I hope you have some more great meals! I hope things are doing well while you go back for treatments. Keep fighting on! My email is listed on the church prayer team mails. My blogsite name will give you a clue to the email address. If you still need help finding it, feel free to leave a reply on any of my posts. You can access the site by clicking onto the name posted by what I'm saying to you now. See you soon!
Ed Endo
Post a Comment