Hello to friends and family
It's been about a month since I wrote about the Radiofrequency ablation and have to explain that I went to a radiofrequency ablation specialist after my Drs. appointment and was told that it will not work for me. It is fairly a new method of fighting cancer but, the Dr. was very nice and very honest and told me that, he will not risk it in my case. My cancer cell was much too close to my aorta and was just to risky for me to take a chance of damaging my aorta. Of course we agreed on that and now I went to a radiologist last week and was told I would start a 12 day session with radiation. Yesterday was my first treatment and took only minutes from start to finish. No pain and so far no fatigue. I had my appointment with my oncologist yesterday and she said that the radiation should help. Of course Ron, June and Don were with me and makes me feel so good that I have extra ears to listen to the Dr. and have ron ask all the questions. than he makes me a list on what the dr. wants from me, like make sure I continue to drink 50 oz of fluid a day, which is very important. I could still get my flu shot and mamorgram and all and even should see my dentist, which is good cause me daughter in law in right on it for me. appointment next week already. By the way please pray for June's brother who is only 58 who was diagnosed with Cancer a couple of weeks ago and is also stage 4. Pray that he will be helped by gamalite which is going to be given to him on his brain since they feel his is spreading to the brain. His name is Dedeair, wife Sa and 3 children 2 girls 28, 25 and a son who is 21. Beautiful children and the 2 younger children and mom and dad moved here from France 4 years ago and lives with June's mom. Thank you for all your wonderful prayers and healing for us and the constant cards, food and calls that continue.
Will keep you in touch how my radiation is working. Pray that the treatment will zap that 2. 7cm cell to go dormant. Thank you all for your continued love and prayers. My family still continue to be here by calls during the week and weekend are a lot of joy and fun with all of them here and having dinner. Such a lively place on week ends. The way I feel I can enjoy watching their soccer and basketball on Saturdays and Sundays now.
Love getting to church on Sundays also. Love seeing everyone. Thanks to all of you. Will keep in touch. love don, dottie and family.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment