Saturday, February 9, 2008

Thanks for your support

Hi everyone! I have been thinking of you so often and miss you so much. I would love to speak to all of you in person, and hope I can visit with you soon. In the meantime, this blog will help keep you updated on what's going on with me and my health.

I will be going through my treatment with this medication which has a great success rate for Asian, non smoking women who have the non small cell cancer, carcinoma. Being that my cancer is inoperable and I do have live cancer cells on different parts of my body, the oncologist feels that this drug may slow the cancer down or even stop the growth. The doctor will do blood test and ct scans periodically, we will see how successful it is going to be. The drug is called Tarceva.

You are all such a blessing to me, a source of giving me strength and joy. I just want to tell you, how glad I am that God blessed my life with all of you. This medication has side effect of drying up my skin and making me itchy, and I may look really ugly, but I can deal with that.

Our son Ron and daughter-in-law June made plans last November to go to Kona and invited us to help celebrate their 25th anniversary on February 12th . Since I am feeling okay right now, we will all be going to Kona and plan to have a super great time. Ron and June left February 8th and we will be leaving on February 11th and be back on Friday the 15th. Our 2 daughters Juli and Robbi will also join us and our super son in laws will be taking care of their children til we return. I will begin my treatment on the 18th.

When I return from Hawaii I will connect with all of you again.

Love you,
Dottie

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Dottie,
This blog is going to be such a blessing to you and to all of us who are walking closely with you. Thank you for opening your heart and life to us and for being willing to share your tough life challenge with the cancer.

I've been praying fervently for you and the Lord keeps telling me that this trial is going to be a spiritual transformation for you and your family. We are all going to witness the Lord's presence and draw close to Him through this walk of faith. It's not going to be easy, but He will be with you through every step. The Psalm that has spoken to me and I pray for you is Psalm 121.
"I lift up my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip, he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord watches over you, the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day, or the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all harm, he will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore."

Brian, Michael, and I are with you and we love you so much. God has been so faithful through all our trials and sufferings and we have complete faith that He will do the same for you. You will be changed and you will grow beyond measure in faith and hope. The Lord is with you.
Love,
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Dottie,
Yoko and I will keep you in our prayers, you are not alone in this challenge. God bless you.

Have a great time in Hawaii.

In Christ,
Mas Egawa

Unknown said...

Dear Dottie,
No one would know by looking at you, that you are fighting any kind of illness. You're always so energetic and exude so much light, love and warmth to those around you. You are such a blessing to our family and to so many others...

We are praying for your quick recovery and ask that you call upon us if we can help in any other way.

With much love,
Cathy and Daly

Anonymous said...

Dear Dottie,

We were so heartbroken to hear about your health condition this past Sunday. We are praying daily that you'll get better. You are such a kind, friendly, cheerful person that everyone feels for you and sympathizes with you and your family.

You are such a faithful person, so totally committed to AFMC, that we know God is with you in this challenging time. We must emphasize that you are one of the major reasons why we come to church all the way from Ladera Ranch each and every Sunday. If it weren't for warm, loving people like you, we wouldn't drive so far every week. You have accepted us so completely and supported us so greatly that we truly feel we are part of the church family.

Dottie, you are such a wonderful person that everyone loves you. God bless you.

In Christ,

Mamoru and Ikuko

JoAnn Asari said...

Dear, dear Dottie,
Thank you for sharing your journey with us.
You have always been the "little" backbone of the ladies at Anaheim.
Your strength and faith as you led ministry after ministry has been an encouragement to me and all who know you.
We know that strength and faith will carry you through this circumstance also.
Keep your eyes on Him.

Love, JoAnn

Ethel May said...

Hi Dottie
Got your message from Margaret, who's also writing this for me since I can't type any more. Well,I'm really slow at it. We'd like to meet you for lunch but need your schedule. We're bowling on Tuesday if you can meet us. Not golfing on Wednesday. If you can meet us for lunch on Tuesday let me know Monday via email to Margaret or Fran (francesrio@yahoo.com)
I'll keep you in my prayers and look forward to seeing you. Guess we might have to learn sign language LOL. Take Care. God Bless
Aloha
Ethel