Thursday, February 21, 2008

Still searching

Today I spent most of my day at Hoag Hospital, since our son Ron and June are still researching the best dr. for me. They keep looking up on the internet and finding positive comment about Hoag Hospital and how successful they are with their cancer patients. It sounds very promising, it states that at Hoag the result is the the 5 year relative survival rate for lung cancer patients diagnosed and or managed at Hoag cancer center is 50% higher than the national average. Hoag has one of the largest lung cancer programs in the US. Don took me to Hoag for my appt. today but since June came we sent dad home. He had a cold and was miserable. June stayed with me all day and Dr Andrea Nanci explained my condition to us for 1 1/2 hours and tried to make it so clear to us. It makes it so nice for June to be with me since she is quite knowledgable and can also do all the talking for me. I will probably be getting some radiation treatment on my femor bone which has cancer on it and Dr. feel she wants to protect it being that all my weight is on it when I walk and she doesn't want it to break, if I fall or anything. I am now taking the tarceva treatment and Dr Nanci agrees with the treatment but wants me to take the full 150 m.

I have many dr's appt. next week and the following week so I will be putting on alot of miles to Hoag.

I just want to thank all of you for your comments and kind words of encouragements and prayer. Also love the wonderful scriptures you all have been sending.

I am not really too good at this blog yet and want to answer with a comment to each of you but I just don't know how now. and like an old lady I'm afraid to pust new buttons thinking I will lose what I typed. So be patient. Maybe when Brittany, our grandaughter comes home the on the week end she will help me again. Love all of you for your support and prayer.
The Lord is my helper, so I will not be afraid. What can mere mortal do to me. Heb. 13:6
til again lv dottie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dottie,
Sounds like your group of Angels are getting you on the right track.
Hoag has a great program and keeps on getting stronger everyday. Think about you daily and know its that positive atitude of yours and your abundance of faith that will guide you plus all the support. You've got a giant prayer train rolling so that should bring you some alot of comfort.

Talk Soon

Unknown said...

Auntie--- We are sending lots of love and prayer your way.
BIG XOXO and as Evan would say, "La Yu!" (love you).
Dean, Joni, and Evan

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom! You are amazing! Thank you so much for all that you have given and taught us in example and wisdom. That was so fun last night with your 3 kids cooking dinner in your kitchen. We all can cook because of all the love that you have put into your cooking for us all these years. Ron cooking his sushi dish, Robbie her broccoli chicken, and tonkatsu and me just cutting fruit and salad. You have always been such a strong link in bringing the family all together. God has done amazing work in you and through you and we are so privileged to be a part of that. We are continually praying. I love you Mom. love Juli

Anonymous said...

Dottie,

It was over 10 years ago that I met Robbi--when Mitchell and Austin were in kindergarten together. We have been great friends ever since then. My life continues to be blessed by your family, Dottie! You are a true reflection of God's love, joy, and grace.

My Bible Study friends (Jeanene) and I are praying for you and your dear family continually. We love you and your family and are so grateful for this blog so that we know how to specifically pray for you and know where you are in your treatments.

Love,
Sonya Baffa
(Romans 8:17)
You truly are an inspiration, Dottie!