Monday, May 12, 2008

Special day for Mom's

Hello to my dear friends and A Happy Mother's day

Yes!! Mother's day was a great blessing. Today I went for my 2nd set of chemo and so far feel fine, so I want to share with you how wonderful it is to be a mom. God has blessed me from the moment he planned me with my parents and from that moment in life his plans for my life has been just too wonderful. Being a wife and mom, grandma is lifes great Joy. Yesterday as usual was a sunday with family and little Kristy and mom Regina who are just like family. We had a variety of dim sum, and chinese food, even a whole platter of lobster. which went over big. It was a brunch since June took her mom, brother and sister in law to a vietnamese concert at Knott's berry farm for a 1:30 pm show. and Juli, kirk and Jackson visited with Kirks mom at his at his sister Joy's house with all 3 grandchildren fixing Thai dinner for them. It was of course mom's day off, so even at this house the dad's and kids washed and cleaned up.


the gifts I received were awesome. Many practical gifts being that I have lost so much weight I don't need any new clothes and so Juli made me 6 turbin scarfs for me to wear on my hairless head. they are really comfortable to wear. robbi's family gave me boxes and boxes of practical note cards which I really go thru and a dvd of a fun movie called 27 dresses. Ron and June were also very practical and emotional. Ron wrote a sweet letter to Mom and said all the nice things of what I used to do for him, and where I took him for lessons and all the small things he remembered we did for him as he was growing up and going to all his activities and appreciated every bit of what we did. How sweet is that. He really remembered a lot of things. June said he had so many great memories he wanted to put it in a letter. He let June present me with flowers and a couple of UV shirts to protect me from the sun rays. Jeff did not forget Grandma, flowers by UPS was sent to me on Saturday from San Diego florest and it was a whole bouquet of beautiful tulips and came with a vase and of course, with a sweet note. Brittany presented me with this cute box of personalized note cards that I can send out also with many memorable pictures. So clever these children.


Thank you for letting me share my story as a mom and each one of you moms are gifted to be the best to show your children how proud you are of them being a mom and starting their families. By showing your love, be an encourager, inspire them, be a supporter let them believe in miracles, and let life be fun and let them know of your unconditional love is always with open arms. God is love and as a mom you are all treasures, so cherish all the wonderful memories that you have with each and every one of them. You know what folks, my bout with cancer is nothing to the love and joy that I get from being a mom and grandma. I know God is doing something wonderful in my life and whether it be more time with all of you or time for the golden street of heaven I am content as to where I am today. Looking forward to the last day of my chemo to see all of you soon. Thanks for letting me share my beautiful Mothers Day.
Love you all. dottie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dottie:

It was SO GREAT to see you yesterday! Kristy and I cherish so much the friendship we share, the priviledge to be part of your family. You also made my mother's day really special, since I had no plans. Thank you for sharing your day, your heart, and for being such a source of encouragement, support, and inspiration to all of us.
Let me know when you are ready for another round of sukiyaki and I'll be more than happy to cook for you and your loved ones :-)
Keeping you and "grandpa" in our prayers,

regina and Kristy

Unknown said...

Hi Dottie,
I just sent you an email, but wanted to respond to your blog entry about your Mothers' Day celebration with your family. What a lovely day you had - once again with yummy descriptions of FOOD - and the thoughtful and touching gifts you received. BTW, I like the look of that light-colored hat with the brim.
You're absolutely right about letting our kids know that we have unconditional love "with open arms" for them. Sounds simple, but it's so hard sometimes. We look at the babies in our arms and we have so many hopes and dreams for them - but God once spoke to me in a still, small voice and said that my job was to "just love them" - unconditionally.
How blessed you are to have such love in your heart - thank you for always sharing and spreading it to others!
Lots of love,
Pam ("madam editor")