Praise the Lord everyone,
Today was a the day that I saw the doctor after my ct scan on Wednesday. My appointment was at 9 am this morning and don, ron and june made sure they were with me when I go in to see the doctor. My family are just too wonderful. Ron and June joined me in the drs. office with Don to have extra ears to listen to the drs. report.
My Dr. Nanci made a comment that if she didn't see at least part of my family with me, she would think something is not right. Yes, they do come with me, for extra ears. I just listen but may not get everything she is telling me. The first thing she asked me was, "how I felt." I told her I feel like a normal person for the last week and a half. my appetite is good. I felt ambitious and with no nausea, no heartburn and not lazy. Well, she went over my report from the ct scan after 2 sessions of chemo and as she read the results, I was getting more and more excited as she read and said that the cancer cells were SHRINKING, the lymph nodes were also getting
SMALLER and the cancer cell that was 7.5m was down to 5. I got up from the chair and gave her a BIG HUG for such great news. She said that is why I love coming to work to give good news to patients. She is such a wonderful dedicated doctor and so personable. She is a beautiful lady and found out today that she is a mother of a 7 month baby, but couldn't wait to get back to work. so after 2 weeks she was back at work and loves it. Her mother watched her newborn for 6 months night and day for her while she got her rest. Now of course she has a nanny.
Well everyone, thank you so much for your prayers, love and support you have constantly given me while I have going through all this. I will have my 3rd session on Monday June 2nd and will continue with the same meds for chemo since it seems pretty successful.
I have been thinking of all of you and miss seeing you, but of course my family keeps reminding me that my immune system is still very weak so, I am playing it safe and staying out of public places. My Dr. ron keeps telling me to carry the anti bacterial wipes and keep using them,. Mom you have to be very cautious what you touch, so be careful, cause there is bacteria all over stuff.
I have to share with all of you, how well I felt on Memorial day and we had a fantastic family dinner in our back yard with a new bar b que built with tables and a whole bunch of chairs so we all enjoyed steak, king crab, corn, salad bar, baked potato bar fruits, even with choc. covered strawberries, with homemade cookies, and with all this food, I was able to eat and enjoy with no problem with nausea by this time.
Thanks for letting me share my excitement with this good news. God is wonderful and will continue to hear your prayers. thanks for your love and prayers. love you all dottie and family
Friday, May 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
This is great news! Prayer changes things! I hope the great things happening now continue! I look forward to the day you can return back to Anaheim Free Methodist to worship regularly! Take Care Now!
Ed Endo
We are both so elated after reading your May 30 blog! It's a miracle that your cancer seems to be receding. We really miss you at church, especially since you are always so cheerful, friendly, and upbeat in every way. We are looking forward to seeing you there again. We hope and pray that you continue to get better.
Mamoru and Ikuko Ohashi
Dottie,
My tears rolled down as I read your wonderful news!!! I'm so happy.
It is so good that the chemo is working and now even though you have to continue treatment, at least you know it's working. Hang in there!
I miss you so much and lift up my daily prayers for you to feel good and for the Lord to bless you. You are so loved.
Keep posting!
Love,
Sandy
Hi Dottie!
Great news! Praise God for this!
We're thinking of you and praying for you . . . keep eating and get stronger (how do you belong to your family and not weigh 400 lbs??)
Lots of hugs,
Pam Ikeda
Yay, Dottie! This is wonderful news!! :) I'm so proud that you are keeping this blog up to date as well!!
Amazing and great news, which is worth telling from every street corner.... I pray that the rest of the tumor would die off even more quickly and that you'd be in remission for the rest of your life. You have continued to tap into God's abundance and have shown us that side of Him so many times, and even through this time, He is clearly working in and through you.
Tom Endo
Hi Dottie,
May the Father of all comfort continue to be 'with you' every step of the way.
Love,
Jon and Dev
Post a Comment