Monday, July 7, 2008

Finally back with my update

Hello to my dear faithful friends,

I am so sorry it has been so long since my last update after my good news of my ct scan. For one reason or another after my session with chemo on June 23rd. it zapped me pretty good and I felt so lazy I didn't feel like even playing with the computer. Went to see my Dr. after about a week after my chemo and she noticed that my weight kept going down and of course the usual discomfort that goes along with the treatment was even more this time. I have been spending at least 4 or 5 hours daily going back and forth to the Hoag Cancer Center to either get hydrated, getting white blood cell shots or iv's for bones with Zometa so I make sure I do get out of bed each day and try to do the best I can. Through all this the family is always here for me every week end and even during the week so it keeps me uplifted.

Good News folks, through all this I know God has been with me each and every day since some nights I have dreams that God gives me faith and hope that everything will be okay. On about the 10th or 11th day after chemo I dreamed that I saw a lady at the grocery store and she had a catheter just like mine and she was working looking very healthy and well after her struggle with chemo, so I got up from my dream feeling so hopeful. God shows me hope in such strange ways.

The 4th of July week end was getting close to the 14th day after chemo and I enjoyed every bit of the week end with the whole family meeting, even Jeffrey back from Argentina and he shared what a great time he had and learned so much about the country. That is where Evita entertained and has quite a story there.

Feeling better and since the Anaheim church has a outreach with deep sea fishing, Don was planning on going fishing but gave up his spot to a friend and when they returned they shared their Fresh Catch of Albacore with us and believe me I have enjoyed it ever since the 4th of July. Delicious. rice and fish tasted so good to me. Praise God I was able to eat and even on the 4th my dear sister, Margaret made me some gourmet soup of butter nut soup and also Mushroom. All homemade and it was delicious, which our family was able to share.

My Cancer Dr. decided to extend my chemo a couple of extra weeks to see if I can build myself back up. I guess losing so much weight takes a toll from the chemo and she wants to give my body a little tme in between. That sounds so good to me. In the meantime I will get another ct scan to see the progress and I will have it done on the 16th of July so in the meantime please pray that the results from the test will show great results again. I know God is listening to all of you and your prayers love and support and healing me throughout this ordeal. Anxious to get back to seeing all of you. Miss all of you and maybe soon I can come out of my bubble.

I want to thank all of you for your cards of well wishes and love and support which I continue to receive. Will write soon about the results from my ct scan next week.
Much Love to all of your dottie and family..

4 comments:

mystere's moonbat slayer club said...

I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better. Amazing how prayer gets answered. I hope you get well soon, and I'm glad you got to have your family over for the 4th of July weekend.

Ed Endo

Unknown said...

Dottie,
I'm relieved to hear you are feeling better and so thankful you are able to enjoy fish and rice and delicious soup! I talked with Juli Sunday at church and said that sometimes it feels like God lets us go right to the limit of our suffering where we need Him to come in and intervene! I can see He did that for you by giving you a short respite from the chemo. You needed that. I'll be praying for great results next week. So glad to hear from you and I'm sending you big hugs. Keep eating!
Love,
Sandy

Unknown said...

Hi Dottie,
I'm glad you were able to enjoy the sashimi from the fishing trip, even though Don wasn't able to go - he was missed! We had gohan, homemade tsukemono, sashimi and Hawaiian poké for our 4th of July meal (a big change from BBQ)! And it was so good! On a hot day, there's nothing like cold, fresh sashimi!
Ganbatte Dottie! We're praying for you. We hope that as you get a longer break before your next chemo that you will put on some more weight and build up your strength.
The next e-Banner will be coming next week to your Inbox, so watch for it!
Love,
Pam Ikeda

Anonymous said...

Dear "grandma" Dottie:

It was SO GREAT to hear from Juli that you are doing well! Well enough to go to the movies, eat out and enjoy watching Rilee perform. We praise God from this break you so much needed. We miss seeing you, your smile, your warm "HI" every time we see each other, but we pray for you often, Kristy and I, almost every night before we go to bed. Tonight we will thank God for letting you enjoy life the way we know you like to do it, going out and cherishing your dear family with "grandpa". I also heard you will have another cat scan. We'll keep praying for you! Love you much,

regina and Kristy